How to make a difference today

Sometimes I catch the reflection of my fat face in the TV screen during a Jeremy Kyle ad break and wonder what the fuck I'm doing with my life.

Today has not been one of those days for several reasons, and I'll tell you why.

Today was my two year work-nniversary at Lucozade. This made me realise and remember how far I have come, not just in my career, but how I have grown as a person. Also, I had a good chuckle at how I used to link out videos from YouTube instead of embedding directly to Facebook (LOL. Was I ever that young?)

I voted today. This may surprise people seeing as I never talk about politics or ram my views down other people's throats. I feel maybe I have made a change, however small.

I have also done something to hopefully make a change in someone else's life.

My dear friend's dad has been sadly diagnosed with Lymphoma, and only a bone marrow transplant can save his life. Due to him having very rare tissue type which isn't matched in the UK, his daughters have set up a Facebook group to encourage people to register with Anthony Nolan and donate stem cells (spit), to see if they are a potential match...and a potential life-saving donor.

Today I signed up to donate my cells and if you're reading this, I ask that you do too. Just click here to fill out the very short form. Join the Facebook group to find out more about Rob here.

No effort is too small to make a difference.

Rob Ireland - the man, the legend

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies